Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 57: Popovers!

Oh, how I love Saturdays! My sweet husband made me popovers for breakfast and then we spent the whole day relaxing!

For as long as I can remember, Popovers have been a favorite breakfast in my family. When Greg and I got together, I made them for him, and he too, fell in love! They are amazingly easy and delicious! Just mix together eggs, flour and milk. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet, pour the batter in and bake for about 30 minutes. When you pull them out of the oven, they are puffed up ("popping over" the pan) and golden brown...essentially they are a simple souffle. For toppings you traditionally put lemon juice, powdered sugar and maple syrup on them, depending on your taste preference (I like lots of lemon juice and powdered sugar with a tiny bit of syrup...Greg mostly skips the lemon juice and just uses the other two). And then comes the best part...enjoying the hot, buttery, sweet taste sensation!



No comments:

Post a Comment