Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 50: Pretty, Pretty Flowers

This morning I once again met Sarah at My Wedding Library...she is trying to go to as many of their classes/presntations as possible and I love to go with her! Today's presentation was about catering and flowers...this time it was learning how to DIY (Do It Yourself) completely or with some help, but cutting out the expense of the middle man.

Sparks Florist was the vendor for the flower presentation...the son of the owner was the presenter, and he told how you could buy flowers from them at wholesale prices, then rent their workshop and make all the items yourself (instead of having them do all the work...which saves a lot of money!). He also showed how to make a couple of center pieces...totally cool to watch him do it and learn some tricks of the trade! I love putting together flower arrangements and can never just bring home a bouquet from the store and put it in a vase...I always rearrange it to make it look just right. I also totally love making bouquets and boutonnieres for weddings...I have done it for a few friends and, if I do say so myself, I am pretty good at it! Can't wait to use his tricks in the future!





No comments:

Post a Comment