Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4: These Are A Few of My Favorite Things

January 4, 2011

I love Willow Tree statues. They are so poetic, the simple features, the soft and beautiful lines...everything leads you into the heart of the statue and makes you feel the beauty of the moment it is made to represent.

This particular statue is titled "Promise."  I remember first seeing this statue shortly after we were married, and I fell in love with it. We were preparing for our wedding celebration and I knew I wanted this to somehow be a part of the decorations.

I wanted fresh flowers on top of, and flowing down our cake, but I felt inspired to have the statue be a part of the cake table. I knew it would look perfect next to the amazing cake Shawn Uhland was going to make for us.

I think what I loved most, was the fact that after the wedding it could also be a decoration in our home that we could enjoy for years to come.

Valera, my (step)mother-in-law, surprised me and bought this for us as a wedding gift! I was so thrilled and loved her thoughtfulness!


The frame in the background has the front of our wedding invitation in it; it says "Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love."  A friend was so thoughtful and saved the invitation, framed it and gave it to us.

I still love the statue, and find strength and peace when I look at it. I know that even when we have rough patches, we have something more than those times...we have the Promise of our love, our marriage and being each other's best friend for the rest of our lives.

So, all this to say...the statue and framed invitation are definitely a few of my favorite things (that decorate our home)!

No comments:

Post a Comment