Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 28: Great Aunt Rosie

January 28, 2011


Tomorrow Greg's mom and dad, Scott and Nancy, are coming up for dinner at our house. We are celebrating Scott's Birthday, which was January 3rd.

Scott loves my German Chocolate Cake and has requested it for tomorrow. I made the cakes tonight so they would be cooled in time and ready to assemble tomorrow afternoon.

The recipe is actually a family recipe is from my Great Aunt Rosie on my mom's side. When assembled it is this beautiful, decedent 3 layer cake of ooey-gooey-goodness (I will post a picture tomorrow of the finished product). Both the cake and the frosting are homemade and it is to die for! We all grew up loving it and pretty much everyone who tries it loves it too. Yum, yum, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment