Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15: Moon, Moon, Shining Bright

January 15, 2011

Today I babysat Abby again and Greg had avalanche training with Search and Rescue; we both got home later in the evening and relaxed together. Around 7:30pm I went out to the truck and noticed how gorgeous the moon and night sky looked...I ran back inside and got my camera.

I am very pleased with how the picture came out...I love how I was able to capture the craters and mountains and the mare (dark lava plains) that cover the moon. I set my camera on manual and adjusted the settings, taking a few photos, each one with a different shutter speed. This one is my favorite and seems to have just the right amount of light and shadow on the moon. Settings for this were ISO 100, f11, 1/200. The phase of the moon in this photo is between a Waxing Gibbous and a Full Moon (I feel like a total nerd with all these facts LOL).

What an amazing Creator we have...His magnificence and power are evident in all things!


No comments:

Post a Comment