Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10: A Perfect Nevada Sky

This winter has been so unusual...we have had almost no rain or snow. The evenings and mornings are extremely cold, but the afternoons warm up anywhere from the 40's-60's! I love the warm weather, but know this is not good for our water supply for this summer. It is odd, but it seems like during the winter, I am more apt to notice how glorious and breathtaking the sunsets are. I am not sure why the summer sunsets don't catch my attention as much...I know they are just as gorgeous...maybe it is because it gets dark later in the summer and I just don't notice, maybe it is all the clouds in the winter or maybe I am just imaging there is a difference in the sunsets and seasons. All I know is the sunsets here take my breath away and make me want to stop and soak in every spectacular color until they have all faded to gray; and tonight was no exception. As I pulled onto our street, the magic happening over the Marina was stunning...I had to stop and see it unfold in front of me. I will miss these sunsets when we move. Sounds odd to miss something that happens all over the world every day, but I really do think that the sunsets we have here are their own kind of magnificent. Something about the clouds above the outline of the mountains, the bright and radiant colors stretching across the western sky, the city lights flickering in the distance...it feels warm, welcoming, familiar...it feels like home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment